Technical Program Manager
Redmond, WA 98052
Technical Program Manager
Greater Seattle area/ Eastside
6 month contract to hire
****No H1B Candidates please****
Our client has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Technical Program Manager. As a key member of the company s Product Engineering team, you will collaborate with various technical teams in the company to take into production a market defining consumer LiDAR product.
Work across multiple technical disciplines and organizational boundaries to drive execution of program plans
- Develop and maintain program plans and schedules.
- Interact with project team members and functional managers to define scope of work, to develop and update detailed schedules, cost estimates, and identification of variances to original plan.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions and status.
- Produce accurate and timely status reporting of programs throughout their life cycle.
- Communicate objectives, key results and insights with other senior leaders via presentations and ongoing analysis reporting.
- Identify and communicate critical program risks, schedule conflicts, or resource constraints and involve appropriate levels of management to mitigate.
- Maintain compliance, checklist, and documentation of milestones and sign-off criteria required for milestones and gate reviews as defined by the company s integrated Product Development (IPD) process.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage integrated hardware and software program plans with internal and external partners.
- Fluency with Project Management tools
- Ability to clearly map and analyze critical path, project constraints, and needed decisions and present at proper level of abstraction.
- Management of external technical partners, vendors, and customers ensuring timely delivery of their portions of the technology program.
- Budget and resource management with appropriate planning tools.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Hardware development processes
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
- Self-starter, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
- 5+ years of technical program management experience in a technology company.
- Demonstrated experience driving multiple products through a complete product life cycle.
- Strong experience in scheduling, risk management, cost estimation, meetings management, and negotiations
- Experience in managing software projects from requirements to change and release management.
- Experience in planning and managing hardware projects as well as hardware build management with Contract Manufacturers (CMs)