Bellevue, WA 98004
3 Contract to hire
No H1B candidates please
Our client is building intelligent software to help fortune 500 companies comply with privacy regulations related to their customers, vendors and employee personal information.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to support the product and engineering teams. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and maintaining internal product wikis, technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with engineering staff to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit product and technical documentation including customer facing documentation, processes and manuals
- Manage internal product documentation in a Wiki and Jira confluence sites
- Write clear concise documentation for complex technical and business content (from scratch and within existing docs), including patents.
- Recommend and adopt solutions to ensure simplicity and ease of documentation search and use
- Define standards and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Create and define templates; review documentation periodically to ensure continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Write straight-forward user tutorials and interface text. Utilize a variety of media forms; include images, charts, videos. Create simple how-to videos with voice over.
- Support development of presentations, one pagers and other marketing material to support customer pitches, conference material etc.
- Enjoy figuring out the best way to get users the info they need (when and where they need it) and finding ways of connecting with the folks who use our content to get their feedback.
- Make challenging, complex ideas, concepts, and tasks, simple, understandable and appealing to diverse audiences.
- Be self-sufficient, flexible and open enough to adopt our style and processes, but also make suggestions that could benefit the team.
- Juggle multiple projects with good humor, while still being able to prioritize between the must-haves and nice-to-haves.
- Bachelors in Communications, Journalism, Education, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience in technical writing of enterprise software documentation
- Experience with content management
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Confluence/Wiki sites
- Familiarity with the SDLC and general software development
- Experience in journalism or as a teacher is a plus
- Experience writing patents a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills